Can you picture it? Arte Moreno burst into Tony Reagins office yelling “RE-MIX”! He then breaks out into his own rendition of the classic Christmas Carol “Deck The Halls”
Tis the season to spend money Fa la la la la, la la la la.
OK so maybe that’s not exactly how it will go down but Halo fans should pray that the scenario is something similar. Here we sit on December 1st about a week away from the start of the winter meetings and to date the Angels have done nothing! Here is a list, a Holiday wish list if you will that Reagins and crew should be “checking twice” in the upcoming weeks.
- Carl Crawford – He is the Microsoft Kinect , The Robosan 4000, that must have gift. If the Angels don’t sign Crawford the kids will weep.
- Adrian Beltre , Casey McGhee or Mark Reynolds - The utility gift, basically any of the three will do. Its like giving someone a list of CD’s or DVD’s you might like to receive. Any of these trio of third basemen will do just fine. We like them all.
- Rafael Soriano - The lights out closer and one the Angels can sign without trading prospects or proven talent to get. The other potential rumored trade targets Jonathan Papelbon , and Fransisco Cordero are less awe inspiring.
- Randy Choate, Hisanori Takahashi, Pedro Feliciano or Arthur Rhodes - See #2. The Angels need an quality lefty in their bull pen any of these four will do.
- Trade Maicer Izturis or Alberto Callaspo – Acquiring Callaspo never really made sense. He is basically a Maicer Izturis clone (with less speed). One of these two players should be moved to address the teams glaring needs.
That’s the list for now. Remember the Holidays are about family and spirituality not material possessions , so lets not get greedy! If the Angels get everything on this list done they should be setup for a very nice 2011.
Now get to it Mr Reagins there are only 99 shopping days left!