Common has long been my favorite MC, and last season’s trip to Wrigley Field was one of my best experiences ever. So in short, I have a soft spot for Chicago. I grew up spying on Chicago sports watching WGN , so to me Hawk Harrelson and the Pale Hose are always guys I quietly root for. Well the quite rooting becomes mute today as the Halos hit the South Side for a 3 game set with the White Sox.
Lets take a look at the series preview.
- Angels: (7-5) 2nd AL West
- White Sox: (7-5) 2nd AL Central
- Game 1: Philip Humber (1-0, 3.37) vs. Jered Weaver (3-0, 0.87)
- Game 2 : Gavin Floyd (1-0, 2.40) vs. Tyler Chatwood (0-1, 7.20)
- Game 3 : Mark Buehrle (1-0, 4.26) vs. Dan Haren (3-0, 0.73)
- White Sox to Watch – Paul Konerko is off to a superb start batting .362/.436/.574 with 3 home runs and 12 RBI’s. Konerko anchors a power potent Sox lineup that also features sluggers Adam Dunn , Alex Rios and Carlos Quentin. Needless to say it will be important for the Halos pitchers to avoid the long ball and right now Konerko is the straw that’s stirring the drink.
- Holy Halo – Just so you know the Holy Halo is the Hangout’s version of Hawk Harrelson’s Picks To Click. Its basically a random prediction of the Angel player who will have the best game (or in this case series). For this series I’m going with Bobby Abreu. As I outlined earlier this week, right now Abreu has the best approach of any Angel hitter. We also have history in our favor, as Abreu has gone .331/.436/.636 with 12 home runs and 45 RBI’s in 43 career games against the Pale Hose.
Tags: White Sox