If there is such a thing as a big series in April, then this is it. The Angels and Rangers both enter tonight’s contest with 10-5 records sitting in a stalemate atop the American League west. Ervin Santana will get the pill looking to thrust the Halos into first place for the first time since opening day ( which doesn’t really count).
Lets take a look at the series preview.
- Angels: (10-5) 1st AL West
- Rangers: (10-5) 1st AL West
- Game 1: Ervin Santana vs. CJ Wilson
- Game 2: Matt Palmer vs. Colby Lewis
- Game 3: Jered Weaver vs. Matt Harrison
- Ranger To Watch – Mike Napoli will look to stick it to Mike Scioscia and his former teammates all series long. Napoli has been receiving inconsistent playing time, but look for him to be in at least 2 of the games in this series. When he’s played Nap’s been good posting a .286/.444/.714 slash line with 3 home runs and 5 RBI’s in just 21 at bats.
- Holy Halo – Vernon Wells is finally looking like himself and has gone 3 for 8 in his latest at bats and has now hit safely in four straight games. Unlike teammate Torii Hunter, Wells is not pulling off pitches any more. He is instead opting to drive middle – away pitches to the opposite field as evidenced by his triple to right center yesterday. The Texas native will look to make some noise in his home state and propel the Halos into first place.