Inter-league play is back. The Halos travel to the Big Apple to square off with the Mets. Another big series for the Halos as they look to gain ground on the Mariners and Rangers.
Lets take a look at the series at a glance
- Game 1: Joel Pineiro (2-3, 4.03 ERA) vs. Chris Capuano (5-6 , 4.40 ERA)
- Game 2: Dan Haren (5-3, 2.29 ERA ) vs. Mike Pelfrey ( 3-5, ERA 5.11)
- Game 3: Tyler Chatwood (3-4, 4.20 ERA ) vs. Jon Niese ( 6-5, ERA 3.46)
Met To Watch
- Jose Reyes has basically dared the Mets to trade him. The Short stop and lead-off man who was and is rumored to be available at the trade deadline has been spectacular in 2011 hitting .348/.390/.531 with 51 runs and 23 stolen bases. Reyes has been especially hot of late and comes into tonight’s contest with 7 hits is his last 15 at bats.
- Vernon Wells and I’m serious. Wells finally looks comfortable at the plate and he appears to be staying closed with his front side a lot better lately. Vernon is coming off a strong series in Seattle going 3 for 12 with 2 home runs and 3 RBI’s. Ok so the Home runs and RBI’s all came in one game, but still – this is Vernon Wells we are talking about here so any positive momentum is just that. Wells cant hit under .200 forever.