The Angels and Dodgers resume there rivalry with a 3 game series starting tonight at Dodger Stadium. The Halos will look to close out their 12 game road trip ( currently 6-3) with a series win against their nemesis from the North. The Dodgers come into the series having dropped 6 of their last 10 games all while being immersed in the epic shenanigans that are the Mccourt Divorce proceedings . The series culminates Sunday with a dream pitching matchup as Jered Weaver faces off against Clayton Kershaw.
Let’s take a look at the series at a glance.
- Game 1: Dan Haren (6-5, 2.96 ERA) vs. Rubby De La Rosa ( 3-1, 4.58 ERA)
- Game 2: TylerChatwood (4-4, 3.84 ERA) vs. Hiroki Kuroda ( 5-8, 3.07 ERA
- Game 3: Jered Waver ( 9-4, 2.01 ERA) vs. Clayton Kershaw ( 7-3 , 3.01 ERA)
Dodger To Watch
- Matt Kemp is making a mockery of baseball right now. Kemp is playing at unbeievable level and we should all strive to be like Matt in our everday regular lives. The Dodgers center-fielder has already complied a 20 / 20 season while posting a riddiculous .328/.420/.620 slash line. Angels pitchers beware.
- Bobby Abreu is the pick here. With Torii Hunter liekly out for a few days Abreu will no longer be shackled by the confines of the National League and their no DH rule. Abreu is coming off a good series in Florida where he actually sprinkled a home run in among his 4 hits during the series.