The freeway series resumes as the Angels welcome the Dodgers to the big A for a 3 game set. Last week the Halos
swept took 2 of 3 from the Dodgers – narrowly missing the sweep thanks to a few blown calls in the bottom of the ninth. The Angels are seeking their 6th straight series win as they look to keep pace with Texas in the AL west.
Let’s take a look at the series at a glance.
- Game 1: Hiroki Kuroda (5-9 , 3.10 ERA ) vs. Tyler Chatwood ( 5-4 , 3.64 ERA)
- Game 2: Clayton Kershaw (8-3 , 2.93 ERA) vs. Jered Weaver (9-4 , 1.97 ERA)
- Game 3: Chad Billingsley (7-6 , 4.22 ERA ) vs. Ervin Santana ( 3-8 , 4.08 ERA)
Dodger To Watch
- It’s still Matt Kemp’s world and we all just pretty much dwell here. The Dodgers center fielder has been the best player in the game in 2011. Angels pitchers beware. These numbers are real .331/.415/.628 / 22 HR , 63 RBI , 22 Steals.
- Peter Bourjos seems to have made several adjustments at the plate a shorter stride along with an obvious focus on staying up the middle have seen Bourjos pick up 7 hits in the past 4 game while raising his average to .263. Look for Bourjos to stay hot against the Dodgers.