Long suffering Angels fans received their wish over the weekend. You wont have Jeff Mathis to kick around anymore. Mathis was traded to Toronto on Saturday for someone named Brad Mills. The who is inconsequential here – because the what (no more Jeff Mathis) takes the cake. Mills will likely be sent to AAA to see if can be of any service at the major league level , however the most important aspect of this trade is that Mike Scioscia can no longer play Jeff Mathis. For his part Mike is probably not happy that his baby is gone but who cares..this is good for you Mike!
By trading Mathis – what Jerry Dipoto has done for Mike Scioscia is the equivalent of deleting a random girls number from your cell phone. Dipoto has eliminated the temptation. No number …no call.. no Mathis.. no play. Its all the same.
Onto the Winter Meeting edition of the Monday Links.
- Heath Bell (now of the Marlins) Says The Angels Made Him An Offer
- Jerry Dipoto (GM of the Angels) Says The Angels Did Not Offer Bell
- The Nationals and Mets Seem To REALLY Want Bourjos
- Balling On A Budget? Dipoto Hits Meetings With Restrictions
- The Blue Jays Really Like Callaspo
- Madson Could Be A Fit At Closer For Halos