Mandatory Credit: Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sports
Los Angeles is coming into this match after a 15-6 victory at home to the Angels last night. Hector Santiago was dominant on the mount, whereas Texas starter Colby Lewis had a rough night giving up 10 runs by the end of the second inning. No folks, that is not a typo.
Josh Hamilton returned to Arlington to play his former team and certainly kicked things off with a bang, with a first inning RBI double to drive in Trout and make the game 2-0 following a Kole Calhoun run.
Mike Trout went yard in the third, hitting a three run home run which increased the Angels lead to 13-0
"“Those are the days you play for in organized sports, especially in baseball, when everybody’s contributing, everybody’s having fun, everybody’s getting hits,” Josh Hamilton told ESPN."
More from LA Angels News
- Marcus Stroman definitely appears to be interested in the LA Angels
- LA Angels: 3 offseason moves the Halos desperately need to make
- LA Angels: AL West rival Astros proving that they’re not giving up yet
- 6 important offseason award dates and times for LA Angels fans
- This LA Angels move proves the Halos are trying to spend big on pitching
Pitching Matchup – Garrett Richards (10-2, 2.71 ERA) vs. Nick Tepesch (3-4, 4.29 ERA)
Nick Tepesch will be pitching tonight for the Texas Rangers hoping to have a much better night than Colby Lewis. Tepesch is 3-4 this season with a 4.29 ERA and has thrown 33 strikeouts. This is his second career start against the Halos, and he’s trying to provide a win for the Rangers midst a struggling bullpen.
"“If you put added pressure on yourself, it only makes it worse,” Tepesch told MLB.com. “I try to keep things simple and not worry about external things I can’t control. You just go out and do your best.”"
Garrett Richards will be on the mound for the Angels who are 3.5 games out of first place in the division. Richards came just short of his first trip to the All-Star game after coming in second to Chicago lefty Chris Sale in the All-Star Game’s Final Vote. He is coming off of an outstanding game on Sunday against the Astros. He threw a career high eleven strikeouts. This is his second game against the Rangers this season. He has won both games and has given up four runs in 12 innings.
1. Before last night, the Angels had lost eight consecutive games at Texas.
2. Garrett Richards has one four consecutive starts. This streak started against Texas on June 20th.
3. Kole Calhoun is 46-for-124 in his past 35 games and is one of the hottest players in the league.
TV: 5:05 PT Fox Sports West, Fox Sports Southwest, MLB Network
Radio: KLAA 830, KWKW 1330, 103.3 ESPN , Rangers Radio Network, 1540am ESPN Deportes