Angels’ Arizona Fall League Fall Stars
The Fall Stars for the Arizona Fall League were named earlier on Monday and two Angels’ made the squad. Right-handed pitcher Trevor Gott and third baseman Kaleb Cowart each were selected. The game will be aired on MLB Network at 5 p.m. pacific.
First, Gott was elected after throwing four innings, allowing three hits and striking out three. He is one of four pitchers on the Mesa Solar Sox staff that has yet to yield a run. The University of Kentucky product has been as advertised in limited innings and will get a chance to be on national T.V.
More from Halo Hangout
- Marcus Stroman definitely appears to be interested in the LA Angels
- LA Angels: 3 offseason moves the Halos desperately need to make
- LA Angels: AL West rival Astros proving that they’re not giving up yet
- 6 important offseason award dates and times for LA Angels fans
- This LA Angels move proves the Halos are trying to spend big on pitching
Cowart started the fall on a major slump but has got his average back up to .159. He leads the team in triples with two and has scored eight runs, on seven hits and a trio of walks. Cowart was the fourth best prospect in the Angels’ chain in the 2014 rankings, and played his second consecutive season in Double-A.
We will have updates throughout the game on both of the selections, be sure to follow on Twitter at the links below.