2. Will there be a platooning system in left field for the Angels, again?
Last season, the Los Angeles Angels attempt at a platooning system in left field was a massive failure. I mean massive, Daniel Nava and Craig Gentry couldn’t stay healthy long enough to convince anyone that this was a good idea. Nevertheless, the Angels could be trying that move one more time. Although this season, the Angels will have a different system that they’ll platoon.
More from Halo Hangout
- New York Post columnist has LA Angels bringing veteran starter back to LA
- Dodgers make wild mistake signing failed LA Angels starter
- Why LA Angels’ Qualifying Offer to Raisel Iglesias could become historical
- Both Gold Glove finalists for LA Angels getting snubbed is a complete joke
- Marcus Stroman definitely appears to be interested in the LA Angels
The Angels will have Cameron Maybin and Ben Revere playing the left field position. As of now, it’s unclear whether these two will platoon during the season. Revere may, in fact, play backup to Maybin at the left field position.
Maybin and Revere are huge upgrades from Nava and Gentry. They’re more athletic, and they have a significantly better batting average than last season. I’m still not 100% sold on the idea of a platooning system. If you’re playing fantasy baseball, Maybin isn’t a bad idea if he’s the starter. However, if he’s platooning with Revere, then you’ll have to go another route.