Michael Bourn – OF –
Michael Bourn is not a name familiar to many Angel fans, but he is someone worth noting as he has been in the majors for 11 years. Bourn has a lifetime batting average of .266 hitting 36 homers and driving in 361 runs. However what he is most known for is his tremendous speed. Bourn has stolen 341 bases in his career and been caught only 94 times. He has stolen over 40 bases in a season five times including a career best 61 in both 2009 and 2011.
More from Halo Hangout
- New York Post columnist has LA Angels bringing veteran starter back to LA
- Dodgers make wild mistake signing failed LA Angels starter
- Why LA Angels’ Qualifying Offer to Raisel Iglesias could become historical
- Both Gold Glove finalists for LA Angels getting snubbed is a complete joke
- Marcus Stroman definitely appears to be interested in the LA Angels
Bourn is also an excellent defender in the outfield, but his major issue is strikeouts which he has averaged 102 per season. However, since 2013 Bourn has not stolen more than 17 bases in a season and has not hit higher than .263 in any of those seasons.
Bourn could be an intangible type of player called up for the September stretch run a late game pinch runner, but probably nothing more. He is batting .280 in 50 at-bats for Salt Lake with a homer and seven RBI’s, but he has a few players ahead of him that would get called up before him.