Shohei Ohtani becomes an ace starter and power hitting lefty bat.
The Los Angeles Angels made a huge move which may change the path of the franchise for years to come when they were able to convince Japanese two-way star Shohei Ohtani to brings his arm and his bat to Anaheim, which has made the Angels the talk of baseball.
More from LA Angels News
- New York Post columnist has LA Angels bringing veteran starter back to LA
- Dodgers make wild mistake signing failed LA Angels starter
- Why LA Angels’ Qualifying Offer to Raisel Iglesias could become historical
- Both Gold Glove finalists for LA Angels getting snubbed is a complete joke
- Marcus Stroman definitely appears to be interested in the LA Angels
Over the last few years Angels general manager Billy Eppler has been lying in the weeds the past couple of seasons making some minor tweaks and shrewd trades that has put the team within striking distance of being a contender until this winter.
This winter Eppler and the Angels has made some big moves signing Zack Cozart and trading for Ian Kinsler. However the move that has gotten the most attention due to his enormous potential is the signing of Ohtani. What the Angels hope is that Ohtani will become the ace of the staff or at least ace 1a along with Garrett Richards.
If Ohtani can win 15 games and then also hit 20 homers and drive in 80 runs that would go a long way in helping the Angels return to the playoffs. If the Angels other players who they acquired such as Cozart and Kinsler come through the way they hope and they could be drinking bubbly at the end of October.
This is always the hope for any team to hoist a World Series trophy and the Angels do these things and the players produce the sky is the limit. It could happen.