LA Angels News

Who will win the final few roster spots for the LA Angels?

By David Rice
HOUSTON, TX - JUNE 17: Chris Young
HOUSTON, TX - JUNE 17: Chris Young /
facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
1 of 5
Next

Going into Spring Training the LA Angels had a pretty good idea who 80 percent of the roster would be for Opening Day, but the other 20 percent are always interesting battles and with opening day less than two weeks away let’s look at who could fill the final five roster spots.

Before we start let’s look at those players who are pretty much locks to be on the Opening Day roster for the LA Angels.

1B – Albert Pujols, Luis Valbuena.

2B – Ian Kinsler

3B – Zack Cozart

SS – Andrelton Simmons

C – Martin Maldonado, Rene Rivera

OF – Justin Upton, Mike Trout, Kole Calhoun

SP – Garrett Richards, Tyler Skaggs, Andrew Heaney, Matt Shoemaker, J.C. Ramirez

RP – Cam Bedrosian, Blake Parker, Kenyan Middleton, Jim Johnson, Noe Ramirez

These players despite a few of them, mainly the pitchers, struggling will almost for sure be on the roster when the Angels play Oakland on March 29th.

So let’s look at the candidates for the final five spots in no particular order.

facebooktwitterreddit