Are there any more moves on the horizon for the LA Angels?
By David Rice
Dallas Keuchel –
Dallas Keuchel is one of the upper tier free agent pitchers that are still available and there have been rumors that he may be interested in coming to the Angels, especially since the Astros bullpen coach, Doug White is not the Angels pitching coach.
More from Halo Hangout
- New York Post columnist has LA Angels bringing veteran starter back to LA
- Dodgers make wild mistake signing failed LA Angels starter
- Why LA Angels’ Qualifying Offer to Raisel Iglesias could become historical
- Both Gold Glove finalists for LA Angels getting snubbed is a complete joke
- Marcus Stroman definitely appears to be interested in the LA Angels
Keuchel has a proven track record over his career. After going 9-18 with a 5.20 ERA in his first two major league seasons, Keuchel has put together three stellar season, one decent year, and one not-so-good year in the last five years. His 2015 season was the best of his career as Keuchel went 20-8 with a 2.48 ERA and took home the Cy Young Award. Keuchel is a two-time all-star and also won a Gold Glove in 2015.
Last year Keuchel went 12-11 with a 3.74 ERA in helping the Astros reach the post-season for the fourth consecutive season. Keuchel will turn 31 next week so there is a little concern for his age especially with the long-term deal he is seeking. Keuchel unfortunately is a Scott Borass client and Borass will try to milk as much money out of any team who signs Keuchel.
With the Angels already signing Matt Harvey and Trevor Cahill for between 20 and 25 million dollars, the question will be is it too much for them to sign Dalllas Keuchel. He would be nice in the top of the rotation for the Angels.