Admittedly, I never got onto the Jose Rojas hype train that most Halo fans have been riding all year. He’s been extremely impressive in Salt Lake, but I still don’t know if he’ll be anything more than a league average utility player.
More from Halo Hangout
- New York Post columnist has LA Angels bringing veteran starter back to LA
- Dodgers make wild mistake signing failed LA Angels starter
- Why LA Angels’ Qualifying Offer to Raisel Iglesias could become historical
- Both Gold Glove finalists for LA Angels getting snubbed is a complete joke
- Marcus Stroman definitely appears to be interested in the LA Angels
What better time to find out that September? Every time there has been an infield injury this season, the Angels have found someone besides Rojas to bring up to the major league squad. However, it’d be hard to find an excuse to do so in September, as his versatility would help out big time for the Halos.
He has been one of the best hitters all year for the Salt Lake Bees, and it may finally be time to see Jose Rojas don the white and red in Anaheim. While he may not be an everyday player, the Angels found ways to consistently get at-bats for their youngsters a year ago, and they’ll surely want to see as much of Rojas as possible.
If he’s overly impressive in his September stint, it’ll make the Angels’ infield situation for 2020 even more cloudy with Rengifo, Thaiss, David Fletcher, Tommy La Stella, Andrelton Simmons, and Albert Pujols all vying for spots.
But hey, you can never have too many good players, and Rojas could very well be the next one to break through for the Halos.