According to MLB Trade Rumors, Bundy is currently ranked as the tenth-most valuable free agent, and he is the fourth-most valuable starting pitcher behind Trevor Bauer (No.1) Clayton Kershaw (No.2) and Noah Syndergaard (No.3)
Bauer would become a free agent in 2022 if he opts out of his current deal with the Dodgers.
More from LA Angels News
- New York Post columnist has LA Angels bringing veteran starter back to LA
- Dodgers make wild mistake signing failed LA Angels starter
- Why LA Angels’ Qualifying Offer to Raisel Iglesias could become historical
- Both Gold Glove finalists for LA Angels getting snubbed is a complete joke
- Marcus Stroman definitely appears to be interested in the LA Angels
MLB Trade Rumors (2022 FA Rankings)
- 1) Corey Seager-SS
- 2) Trevor Bauer-RHP
- 3) Carlos Correa-SS
- 4) Trevor Story-SS
- 5) Freddie Freeman-1B
- 6) Kris Bryant-3B
- 7) Michael Conforto-OF
- 8) Clayton Kershaw-LHP
- 9) Noah Syndergaard-RHP
- 10) Dylan Bundy-RHP
Angels: Dylan Bundy ranks among big-name starting pitchers.
While these rankings are based on performances of the past and future projections, the current statistics could give Bundy a case as the second-most valuable free agent pitcher right now, even though his career numbers are not as good.
- Dyaln Bundy (3 starts): 19 IP 7 ER 5 BB 22 K (1.503 WHIP) (3.67 FIP)
- Trevor Bauer (3 starts): 20 IP 6 ER 5 BB 29 K (0.600 WHIP) (3.24 FIP)
- Clayton Kershaw (3 starts): 18.2 IP 6 ER 1 BB 16 K (1.071 WHIP) (1.59 FIP)
- Noah Syndergaard Has Not Pitched–Tommy John Surgery
It’s taken longer than most anticipated for a former fourth-overall pick, but Bundy has provided legitimate reasons to believe he has turned the corner for good in his career.