The Los Angeles Angels off season was one made up of mostly small additions. A variety of players were signed, claimed off waivers, or acquired via trade (some were even lost via transaction and re-acquired later.) The front office picked up pieces they hoped could help some of the Angels largest areas of concern – left field, third base, and starting pitching.
In the off season that followed the 2016 season, the Los Angeles Angels acquired (not including anyone re-signed from the 2016 team) the following players that have played with the major league team thus far:
More from LA Angels News
- New York Post columnist has LA Angels bringing veteran starter back to LA
- Dodgers make wild mistake signing failed LA Angels starter
- Why LA Angels’ Qualifying Offer to Raisel Iglesias could become historical
- Both Gold Glove finalists for LA Angels getting snubbed is a complete joke
- Marcus Stroman definitely appears to be interested in the LA Angels
- Blake Parker
- Martin Maldonado
- Cameron Maybin
- Jesse Chavez
- Danny Espinosa
- Ben Revere
- Luis Valbuena
- Bud Norris
- Yusmeiro Petit
In addition, they added Brooks Pounders and Nolan Fontana who have played minimally in the majors so far. The Angels have also added prospects Abel De La Santos, Vicente Campos, and Osmer Morales who have all played in the minors, but have yet to move up to the big club in 2017.
Join us as we look at the LA Angels off season additions one-third of the way through the season. We will discuss a bit of their back history and their 2017 contributions. We will also grade rheir performance thus far.
As a whole most of these moves have paid off for the Angels, but some of the acquisitions have left a little bit to be desired.