The LA Angels have a barren farm system. They also lack elite pitching talent in the organization. With the 2017 MLB Amateur Draft coming up, they have a chance to change this and add some high-potential players to the system.
More from Halo Hangout
- New York Post columnist has LA Angels bringing veteran starter back to LA
- Dodgers make wild mistake signing failed LA Angels starter
- Why LA Angels’ Qualifying Offer to Raisel Iglesias could become historical
- Both Gold Glove finalists for LA Angels getting snubbed is a complete joke
- Marcus Stroman definitely appears to be interested in the LA Angels
The LA Angels have a top-10 pick for this second time this millennium. They have a chance to land an elite prospect, and need to make sure they take the right player. The most likely pick will be a college pitcher in the first round. With Garrett Richards the only pitcher with ace potential in the Angels organization, the Angels cannot pass on the opportunity of a future ace.
This mock draft will go through the first five rounds of the MLB Draft. The Angels have picks 10, 47, 85, 115, and 145. Three top 100 picks can go a long way in starting the overhaul of the Angels farm system.
The Angels have a plethora of prospects who can develop into role players. However, they lack star potential in their farm system. The Halos should swing for the fences in this draft, with exception to the first round. Drafting high potential prep players could be a theme for this draft, as the Angels have done that excessively the past few seasons.