The Angels were actually fairly successful in this area as guys like Yusmiero Petit, Blake Parker, Cam Bedrosian, Jose Alvarez, Jesse Chavez, and Kenyan Middleton helped the pen have a solid first half of the season. This was one of the reasons the Angels stayed in contention all season long. A good bullpen can make up for mediocre starting pitching which the Angels got plenty of due to injuries and ineffectiveness.
The Angels need to re-sign Petit and closer Bud Norris which would go a long way to making the 2018 bullpen strong as ever and that will be a big lift to the team. The Angels do need to settle on a closer to solidify the 9th inning or bring in a closer. This is a very important aspect of the game. If you cant do this there will be void in the Angels pen. Noe Ramirex could also work his way intot he mix as well. The only thing the Angels might want to invest in is a lefty-specialist which has been missing since Scott Downs left four years ago.
More from Halo Hangout
- New York Post columnist has LA Angels bringing veteran starter back to LA
- Dodgers make wild mistake signing failed LA Angels starter
- Why LA Angels’ Qualifying Offer to Raisel Iglesias could become historical
- Both Gold Glove finalists for LA Angels getting snubbed is a complete joke
- Marcus Stroman definitely appears to be interested in the LA Angels
You are seeing first hand how the Dodgers bullpen has carried them throughout the playoffs including not giving up a run in five NLCS games. Which is one of the reasons why the Dodgers are having so much success. So if the Angels are to contend they need to have a bullpen with some depth.