The LA Angels are looking for a new manager for the first time since the turn of the century, and dozens of names have already been connected. Today, our staff here at Halo Hangout will introduce you to some of our choices for the new Halos skipper.
The LA Angels have been connected to many names. Former players, former coaches, in-house options, out of house options. General manager Billy Eppler has a tall task in choosing the new manager, especially considering the team’s three consecutive losing seasons.
More from Halo Hangout
- New York Post columnist has LA Angels bringing veteran starter back to LA
- Dodgers make wild mistake signing failed LA Angels starter
- Why LA Angels’ Qualifying Offer to Raisel Iglesias could become historical
- Both Gold Glove finalists for LA Angels getting snubbed is a complete joke
- Marcus Stroman definitely appears to be interested in the LA Angels
However, Eppler and the majority of the Angels organization believe this is a playoff team next year. That all begins with the right choice of manager, and we’re going to take you through a list, highlighting each potential choice as to whether or not he has what it takes to take over the Angels clubhouse.
Eppler has not named any names yet, but has mentioned he wants someone forward-thinking to be managing the team. Eppler is one of the most progressive minds in baseball, and needs a coach that is willing to bet it all just like him each and every day.
That being said, welcome to the first ever Halo Hangout Roundtable: Manager Edition featuring myself and three other writers at Halo Hangout. Let’s hope it is another 19 years until the next time we’re talking about managerial candidates.