Brian Dozier –
Dozier is another potential second baseman the Angels could bring in and make a difference for 2019. Dozier has tremendous power and is also an above-average fielder at second base. Like LeMahieu, could also fill two roles with the team as Dozier has led off before.
More from LA Angels News
- New York Post columnist has LA Angels bringing veteran starter back to LA
- Dodgers make wild mistake signing failed LA Angels starter
- Why LA Angels’ Qualifying Offer to Raisel Iglesias could become historical
- Both Gold Glove finalists for LA Angels getting snubbed is a complete joke
- Marcus Stroman definitely appears to be interested in the LA Angels
For his career Dozier has a .246 batting average with an OBP of.324. Dozier has hit 172 homers and driven in 511 runs. Last season was not Dozier’s best as he hit only 21 homers driving in 72 runs but only hitting .215 which was the lowest batting average of his career.
If Dozier could get back to his 2016 form where he his .268 with 42 homers and 99 RBIs. He will command slightly less than LeMahieu maybe two or three years at 11 or 12 million per season. Definitely worth taking a look at.