2018 was a rather disappointing year for the LA Angels and their fans. While they finished below .500 for the third consecutive season, they saw two division rivals make the playoffs. Now, the team needs to make changes for the upcoming season.
It is not only the LA Angels’ fans making resolutions this year, but the team itself. While the Angels have a plethora of ways they could improve, these five resolutions will help the most in attaining a successful 2019.
More from Halo Hangout
- New York Post columnist has LA Angels bringing veteran starter back to LA
- Dodgers make wild mistake signing failed LA Angels starter
- Why LA Angels’ Qualifying Offer to Raisel Iglesias could become historical
- Both Gold Glove finalists for LA Angels getting snubbed is a complete joke
- Marcus Stroman definitely appears to be interested in the LA Angels
#1 Maintaining Healthy Relationships
The Angels have some of the best players in baseball on their team. This resolution applies to arguably their two best, Mike Trout and Andrelton Simmons. While both Simmons and Trout are signed through the 2020 season, it is never too late to make sure the best people (or players) stay in your life for years to come.
While it has been well-documented that the Angels hope to negotiate an extension, possibly a lifetime one, with Trout this offseason, there haven’t been many whispers about Simmons, who is hoping to add some muscle to his frame this offseason.
Outside of these two, there are not many contracts that need extensions this offseason. Kole Calhoun is in his last year, but could be expendable unless his bat returns to his career average. While maintaining relationships with everyone is important, taking care of the best ones first always makes sense.