The Angels must make some tough roster decisions
Jahmai Jones –
Jahmai Jones is the highest ranked prospect that could potentially be left unprotected as he is rated 6th in the Angels system. Jones was drafted as an outfielder in 2015. He has been switched to second base in hopes of giving Jones a quicker path to the majors. So far he has gone only as far as Double-A.
More from Halo Hangout
- New York Post columnist has LA Angels bringing veteran starter back to LA
- Dodgers make wild mistake signing failed LA Angels starter
- Why LA Angels’ Qualifying Offer to Raisel Iglesias could become historical
- Both Gold Glove finalists for LA Angels getting snubbed is a complete joke
- Marcus Stroman definitely appears to be interested in the LA Angels
This season was a disappointing on for Jones as he hit only .234 with fie homers and 50 RBIs. He also had a paltry OBP of .308. Overall in three and a half seasons Jones has hit .258 with 96 stolen bases with 35 homers and ,202 RBIs. The Angels still like Jones and would like to keep him especially with second base being a spot of need for the Angels. They could risk it and leave Jones unprotected in thinking that no team would want to claim him.