The LA Angels vs. New York Yankees is always an exciting series that is sure to attract a big crowd despite both teams having sub-par seasons in 2016. The Yankees have a definite new look as they have been major players in the trade deadline. The Angels have a lot of new faces for other reasons: Injuries.
Many times when the LA Angels square off against the New York Yankees the series carries a lot of importance as both teams are usually in the playoff race. In 2016 things are a little different for both teams as they will probably find themselves on the outside looking in during the playoffs.
More from Halo Hangout
- LA Angels: These 2 players are most likely to be traded this offseason
- 4 incredibly high-profile free agents that the LA Angels just don’t need
- Mike Trout’s son had the best Halloween costume in America this year
- 3 LA Angels players that desperately need to prove themselves in 2022
- SALE: Save 15% on Los Angeles Angels items at FOCO
The Yankees have started to rebuild making numerous trades at the deadline to get a plethora of prospects. The Yankees are sitting five games out of the wild-card spot so there still is a chance for them to make the post-season, but not likely.
The Angels after having there only winning month of the season in July, going 15-11, started August by losing 11 of their first 13 games. The Angels were able to split a four-game series against Seattle by winning a pair of one run games including last night.
Want your voice heard? Join the Halo Hangout team!
Earlier this season in New York, the Yankees dominated the Angels beating them four straight times by the combined score of 29-14 in New York. The Angels hope this time around will be different in Anaheim. They will send Jered Weaver to the mound tonight, Ricky Nolasco tomorrow evening, and Jhoulys Chacin on Sunday afternoon.
One noteworthy item is that before Saturday night’s game, the Angels will induct Garret Anderson into the Angels Hall of Fame during a pre-game ceremony.
Last night myself, David Rice, and Yanks Go Yard writer Ricky Keeler discussed the ins and outs of the Yankees and Angels on the Yankees Go Yard podcast. Below is a link to the podcast and a list of topics we discussed on the show. Hope you enjoy it.
- Angels recent losing streak and the reasons behind it.
- Impact Tyler Skaggs has had on the rotation since his return.
- Game-By-Game breakdown of the series with score predictions including discussions on Angel starters Jered Weaver, Ricky Nolasco, and Jhoulys Chacin.
- Players to watch on the Angels during the Series.
- Mike Trout and his season thus far.
- Will Mike Scioscia be fired at the end of the season.
- Wrap-Up of Angels