It’s been a great start to the 2021 season for the Angels (7-3), but now the injuries have begun to pile up. A few days ago we said the Halos will be put to the test, now they will really be tested after adding two more players to their Injured List on Tuesday.
Los Angeles placed catcher Max Stassi on the 10-Day IL with a sprained thumb he suffered in Monday night’s 10-3 win against the Royals. Just prior to game two on Tuesday, the team placed outfielder Juan Lagares on the 10-Day IL with a calf injury. As if the team wasn’t shorthanded enough, Justin Upton was also scratched from the lineup with back stiffness.
Injuries continue to pile up for the Angels on this road trip.
More from LA Angels News
- New York Post columnist has LA Angels bringing veteran starter back to LA
- Dodgers make wild mistake signing failed LA Angels starter
- Why LA Angels’ Qualifying Offer to Raisel Iglesias could become historical
- Both Gold Glove finalists for LA Angels getting snubbed is a complete joke
- Marcus Stroman definitely appears to be interested in the LA Angels
- Felix Pena (hamstring): 10-Day IL
- Dexter Fowler (torn ACL): Out for season
- Anthony Rendon (strained groin): 10-Day IL
- Max Stassi (thumb sprain): 10-Day IL
- Juan Lagares (calf): 10-Day IL
- Justin Upton (back): Day-to-day
In correspondence to the recent moves, the Halos called up infielder Jack Mayfield, catcher Anthony Bemboom, and outfielder Jon Jay.
All three players were at the team’s alternate site. The Halos officially used all the players from their taxi squad and cannot add any more in the middle of a road trip.
Thankfully they have one final road game before returning home on Friday. Hopefully they can stay healthy until then.
It’s still early, but it’s possible the Halos may consider calling reinforcements from the minors if the injuries continue to pile up.