Major League Baseball is bringing back their ‘MLB Game of the Week’ on YouTube. The latest edition will feature the Angels (9-7) taking on the Astros (7-10) on Thursday at 5:10 pm PST from Minute Maid Park.
The live YouTube broadcast will eliminate the possibilities of the Angels’ streams on Bally Sports West and KCOP fans are accustomed to.
There will be no fees or any signups required, and the Halos have provided the official link to Thurday’s game as well.
Angels-Astros: Here’s how to watch ‘MLB Game of the Week’ on YouTube.
- If using a smart TV:
- Launch the YouTube app, and search for ‘MLB’
- Select the ‘MLB’ channel and click the live game
- If using a computer:
- Go to YouTube.com, and search for ‘MLB’
- Go to ‘MLB’ channel, where the game will be playing live
- If using a phone:
- Open the YouTube app, search for ‘MLB’
- Select the ‘MLB’ channel and the live game will be the first video you see
- Users can also set a reminder if they log into their YouTube account.
Thursday’s broadcast crew will feature a split team between the Angels and Astros. Newly signed Halos play-by-play man Matt Vasgersian will get the call along with Halos color commentator Mark Gubicza and Astros color analyst Geoff Blum. Houston reporter Brett Dolan will be down on the field for additional coverage.
YouTube will also have a live chat during the matchup while allowing viewers to vote on the player of the game. A trophy will be presented to the winner during the postgame show.
More from LA Angels News
- New York Post columnist has LA Angels bringing veteran starter back to LA
- Dodgers make wild mistake signing failed LA Angels starter
- Why LA Angels’ Qualifying Offer to Raisel Iglesias could become historical
- Both Gold Glove finalists for LA Angels getting snubbed is a complete joke
- Marcus Stroman definitely appears to be interested in the LA Angels
It should make for an interesting new format for MLB to decide if they want to expand on these YouTube Game of the Weeks. They’re scheduled through the end of the month, while the rest of the season’s GotW have yet to be determined.
The Angels have played in just one prime time game against the White Sox on April 4, during ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball. As of now they are not scheduled for another prime time game until August 22 when they take on Cleveland in MLB’s Little League Classic.
This national game will be another great opportunity for the Halos to flex their star power of Mike Trout and Shohei Ohtani to fans around the country who might not be as familiar due to the lack of coverage during late games on the west coast.
The duo ranks among the league’s best from traditional statistics and advanced metrics this season. Both have played key roles in the Angels getting off to a 9-7 start this season and could be battling with each other for the AL MVP.
Want your voice heard? Join the Halo Hangout team!
Alex Cobb (1-0, 4.63 ERA) will take the mound for the Angels and square off against Astros right-hander Christian Javier (1-0, 2.08 ERA). First pitch is scheduled for 5:10 pm PST from Minute Maid Park.